How to help someone with an addiction problem
We can help
We offer FREE assessments either face to face or by telephone.
If appropriate, you can speak to a qualified addictions counsellor (professionally accredited) who will get to understand your specific needs and who will then be able to advise the best way forward for you personally.
Call us for free on 0800 246 5243
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain
The most important thing to remember is that you are not ersponsible for someone elses behaviour. If a person wants help in stopping then there are a number of simple stages you can help them through. If they dont want help but you are concerned about them, there are still ways that you can help. As professional counsellors we are trained and ready to help you and your loved one out of addiction.
Answering yes to five or more of the questions below means it is time to speak with a professional:
- Do you worry about this persons addictive behaviour?
- Have you ever been embarrassed by it?
- Are holidays more of a nightmare than a celebration because of this persons addictive behaviour?
- Are most of this persons friends heavy drinkers/drug users?
- Does this person often promise to stop without success?
- Does this persons behaviour make the atmosphere tense and anxious?
- Does this person deny an addiction problem because they minimise their problem?
- Do you find it necessary to lie to employers or relatives, or friends in order to hide this persons behaviour?
- Has this person ever failed to remember what occurred during a drinking/using period?
- Does this person avoid conversation pertaining to their behavuir, use of alcohol or drugs or problem drinking or using?
- Does this person justify his or her behaviour, drinking or drugging?
- Does this person avoid social situations where behavioural triggers are present, alcoholic beverages will not be served or it will not be possible to use drugs?
- Do you ever feel guilty about this persons addictive behaviour?
- Has this person ever driven a vehicle whilst under the influence of an addictive behaviour
- Are children afraid of this person, or act differently toward them, either before, during or just after they act addictively
- Are you afraid of physical or verbal attack because this persons addictive behaviour?
- Do others comment on this persons unusual or addictive behavior?
- Do others fear riding in car with this person because of their behaviour?
- Does this person have periods of remorse and/or apologise for their behaviour?
- Does drinking less alcohol/using less drugs bring about the same effects in this person, as when in the past it required more to achieve the same effect?
If you are concerned with your answers and need professional help, call now.
Call us today on 0800 246 5243 to arrange an appointment with an accredited alcohol counsellor.
Effective Addiction Couselling
For many clients it is possible to get well without going to rehab. Call us first on
0800 246 5243
to discuss how a private counsellor specialising in addiction can help.
Effective Addiction Rehab“Why going overseas might be the right option for you”
Explore our specialist South African Clinic on the South Coast.
Self Assessment test
Take our quick test to determine the severity of your addiction
For free, independent and confidential advice, call
0800 246 5243
or click here to request a call back
The Addiction Advisor Guarantee
- Advice on both free and private addiction treatment.
- An absolute commitment to finding you best value if you are seeking private addiction treatment.
- A guarantee that you never pay more for residential treatment than by approaching a particular addictions treatment centre directly.
- Advice only on treatment centres registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Working only with individual counsellors, doctors and nurses who maintain registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
- Provision of on-going support in your home locality to prevent relapse.
- Search Addiction Information
- Professional Guidelines
- Download Guidelines
- UK Addiction Centres
- Medical Research
- Addiction Treatment
- Addiction Policy UK
- Drugs & Addictions Glossary
- How to quit drinking
- Enjoy life without alcohol
- Rehab Drug Addiction
- Detox rehab program
- Drug Center
- Private residential rehab therapy
- Rehabilitation Unit
- Rehabilitation Center
- Best rehab centers in the world
This website is operated by Haynes Clinic. We provide first class, residential treatment for all addictions.
Contact us in confidence and speak with an accredited counsellor – 0800 246 5243